1. A minimum of 5 working days notice is required for sponge cakes and 7 working days for fruit cakes. For wedding cakes there is a minimum notice of 14 working days. ( A working day does not include the day of ordering, a Saturday, a Sunday or a Bank Holiday). Please order as soon as you possible to avoid disappointment. Please bear in mind that ideally fruit cakes taste better after a period of 2-3 months, so order a fruit cake as far in advance as possible.
2. A booking fee of £100 is required when placing an order for a wedding cake. The booking fee secures the date for your big day and is non refundable.
3. For celebration cakes a minimum deposit of £20, or 20% of the cost for orders over £100 is payable at the time of ordering. Deposits are refundable up to one month prior to delivery.
4. For wedding cakes a minimum deposit of £100, or 10% of the cost for orders over £1000 is payable at the time of ordering. Deposits for wedding cakes are refundable until such time as work has begun on your cake. Should you cancel your wedding cake order after work on your cake has begun, all expenses incurred by us up to and including the date of cancelation will be deducted from the deposit before returning the remaining balance to you.
5. Orders for celebration cakes must be fully paid for 7 days in advance. For wedding cakes we request payment in full 6 weeks before the big day. You can pay by cash or bank transfer.
6. Allergies:- Although most of our cake recipes do not contain any nuts, we do not have isolated production areas, so all products may contain nut traces. We cannot recommend our cake if you suffer from a nut allergy.
Gluten Allergy (Coeliac):- We are able to produce cakes using Gluten Free products on request, however, we do not have an isolated production area and therefore our products may contain traces of gluten and therefore we cannot guarantee that our products are totally free of gluten
Dairy Products:- We are able to make cakes free from dairy products on request. However, we do not have an isolated production area.
Food Colourings:- Some of the food colourings used in our celebration cakes may contain permitted food colours which could have an adverse affect on the activity and attention in some children. Whilst we are able to provide alternative natural food colourings, these colourings were disappointing in terms of the finished visual effect of the cake.
7. Each cake is individually made, so there may be a slight variation between any photographed image provided. We will however, always try and match the cake as closely as is possible to the cake image you provide at the time of ordering.
8. Corrections and repairs to cakes, including inscription mistakes, can be corrected on the same day in most cases. You are required to give us this opportunity and let us know of the problem within one hour of accepting your cake.
9. Copyright – prevents us from making a cake of characters/images which are copyrighted (eg. Disney or certain branded name. We can sometimes circumvent this (but not always) by buying a toy/character or product of the branded copyright, and displaying on the cake. In this instance the additional cost of the purchased item is added to the cost of the cake. Please discuss your requirement with us.
10. Cakes and Storage Shelf Life
All our cakes should be stored in a cool dark place on a flat sturdy surface. Never put fondant covered cakes in the fridge as this will damage the icing. Sponge and chocolate cakes have a shelf life of 5 days after delivery. Fruitcakes last perfectly well for months, not years
11. There is no charge for collection of cakes. Free delivery up to 10 miles radius from Penllergaer, after which mileage charges apply at the rate of £0.45 per mile to and from the destination and a charge of £8 per hour for delivery time.
12. If you choose to collect your cake, please ensure to check the cake and only accept if it is in proper condition. Please note that many cakes are difficult to transport and may be damaged if not properly transported. We will not be responsible for any cake damaged after collection.
13. Each cake is photographed after delivery/before collection, as evidence that it was in good condition on delivery/collection.
14. Return of Hired Equipment: All hired equipment must be returned within 14 days of the wedding date (unless alternative arrangements have been agreed prior to wedding) or extra charges may be levied to cover further hire costs. Any costs to repair/replace damage to hired equipment will deducted from deposits paid.
15. Cancellation - there will be no refund of booking fees on wedding cakes. The booking fee secures your date and we do not take any other bookings for that day.
Deposits for wedding cakes are refundable until such time as work has begun on your cake. Should you cancel your wedding cake order after work on your cake has begun, all expenses incurred by us up to and including the date of cancelation will be deducted from the deposit before returning the remaining balance to you.
Deposits taken for other cakes will be fully refunded up to 30 days prior to delivery.
16. The maximum refund we offer is the value of the cake and delivery. Further compensation is unavailable.
Complaints are rare so we take them very seriously. Should you have cause for complaint, please advise us as soon as possible so that we have the opportunity to correct the problem. To assist us in addressing a complaint, we may ask you to provide photographs